Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nesting


Maybe it is the cozy, curl-up, nesting instinct that has taken hold of me these past few weeks that has me so drawn to these images. So homey and inviting. These cottages belong to a little village in California called Carmel. Apparently the architect responsible for these beautiful creations became known as "The Builder of Dreams." To read more about him and this place *CLICK*. How I would love to explore every one!



As for my personal "nesting," our house has been completely purged and organized. The basement. My craft supplies. My clothing. The children's clothing. The toy room. . . There isn't much excess left. It feels good. Unfortunately, this condition awakens a heightened awareness of the unfinished state of the house, but I have been mostly at peace in this regard. I love my nest.