Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sleepovers

I am so blessed to have some cozy friendships where sleepovers are a regular and comfortable occurrence. As children, my sister and I rarely spent a weekend sleepover-free . We never grew tired of stuffing our bags with pj's and heading over to our friends' homes for the weekend to eat junk and play crazy games and giggle until we hurt. Or likewise, of opening up our homes to our friend's and sharing our narrow beds with extra bodies.

I want this for my kids. To have them grow up in several loving homes, watching how they all work. And to think of our home, in return, as an open space for those we love. Nothing to hide. Everything to share. Tons to laugh and giggle about...

Where my childhood diverges from my children's is that my mom didn't join us in our childhood overnighters. She liked her own bed. I, on the other hand, jump right in. I love sleeping over as much now as I did then. I still get to cozy up with my girlfriends and drink cider and chuckle about random things. Funny thing is I go to bed earlier now than I did then!

This past sleepover weekend was full of seasonal pleasures:

Making dough for Christmas ornaments.


A big sticky snowfall that HAD to be taken advantage of.




Decorating Christmas cookies way too big to be consumed by little people. But they tried!
And we all slept very well that night. Party's at our house next time.