Friday, December 21, 2007

Locked In

We are officially members of the societal group known as mortgage-holders. We are most pleased. It has been a very long time coming. Now that we know the numbers, we can finally begin to budget out our lives. The immediate future calls for a new vehicle to accommodate our rapidly growing family, but there will be other needs that arise, and other financial challenges that will force us to rework figures and adjust our lives to find a new balance. This doesn't scare me. I'm eager to be working within some parameters. I feel like this homebuilding endeavour has finally come under the security of a guiding compass. See? We do know what we are doing. The bank says so. It's all very exciting. In my husband's words; "I think it's time to go and get that bottle of scotch I have been holding out for."