Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Images of Thanks

So many things to be thankful for. . .

Food:

Karin's beautiful creation. Caramel Apple Pie.

Homemade sauce from fresh orchard apples.

Pre-dinner pastries stuffed with Bree & Cranberry, and Cheddar, Apple & Bacon.

The tenderest fresh turkey. Hats off to the new convection oven. Three hours from start to finish.

Pretty things:



People to share it with:


Caelah and one of her best buds helping me glean the makings for homemade
pumpkin pie.

Had I had time I would have captured my nearest and dearest preparing and eating this bounty. But, instead, will have to hold the image of them in my mind, all elbow-to-elbow around our little old table. Parents, children, siblings and friends squished in comfortable intimacy to share a delicious meal. I do believe that it will be a lonely day the day we have a big enough table to not butt elbows.

A note to my mom:
I feel that I will never be able to accomplish what we just did without you beside me, calmly coordinating a million things. How have you single-handedly created such feasts all these years? You are simply amazing.