Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Tazza" LANTERN


This lantern may be a gateway to many more. It has been ordered for "Tazza,"a trendy cafe in Providence Rhodes Island. It will serve as a sample that, if well liked, may lead to an order of 29 more. It may not fit the vibe of the place, so I won't hold my breath, but it's still an exciting prospect.

The Commission: To capture Providence's, "great buildings, or images reflecting it's dynamic street scene..." A special request was made to incorporate the building Tazza occupies, the City Hall and dancing people, as seen in my previous "Foss Hill" lantern. "Good energy," apparently.

Colour Scheme:
And I quote: "Pratt and Lambert poppy petal orange walls, chocolate brown velvet settees, with pillows of dupioni Como silk in tibetan orange, gold and snap pea green, fern green linen tablecloths, and brick red cotton velour drapes."

The result:

I wonder if this baby will feel at home on a Tazza cafe table . . .