Monday, August 14, 2006

Photo Journal: Day 8

I must confess, the reason this house update has been a long time coming is that I was intimidated by the pictures. The kids and I have not been able to get out there all week. And without being able to see the process for myself--I'm lost. Josh did a photo shoot on my behalf, and returned with the most complicated set of photos I have ever seen: Piles of dirt everywhere, heavy trucks and machinery, a concrete container that will apparently hold our sewage, rows of pipes and gravel. . . chaos. From what I have gathered, the garage is now framed, shingled and ready to be wrapped in Tyvek. (We'll soon be able to make it look pretty.) The hole for the house has been dug, and the septic bed has been prep'd. But all the complicated details remain obscure. To me, atleast.

The house hole.

The septic bed.

Our talented roofer: Dave.

This week we will have the basement poured for the house. And then the building process will be on a much bigger and more complicated scale. I will try to keep it all straight.