1. Country girls had an advantage-- the track was mostly gravel with pot holes here and there. I was thinking; Huh. Just like home.
2. We have got to get ourselves some tutus. Boys. Girls. Babies. Everyone had tutus.
3. Apparently it's possible to run 5k in flip flops. . .
4. Don't smile while running through a Color station. Blue teeth ain't pretty.
5. Nix the tutus. Thirty year-olds shouldn't wear tutus.
6. Hats probably saved us hours worth of showering.
7. Passing on the left is a concept no one adheres to. It's more like dodge, duck n' weave.
8. This was a run for people who don't take themselves too seriously. In other words, it was a perfect place for the likes of us.