Wednesday, September 30, 2009

::Unexpected Getaway::


ave and Kate invites us, last minute, to stay at this lovely cottage for the weekend. I have always loved spontaneity. Good things often come from not having any preconceptions. Sure enough, it was such a time of relaxation and beauty. Just look at the view!

A moment of excitement I could have done without came when a sequence of unfortunate events lead to Isaiah being run over by the golf cart. He was relatively uninjured, but I went weak at the knees for an hour or so from the adrenaline surge. Ugh. Boys. Will they make it to adulthood? Kate and I shuddered at the thought of what our 5 boys will get up to in the years to come. How many scars? How many broken bones? But, I am sure, when they are grown, looking back, they will say it was all worth it.