Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sunshine

My heart is well again. Thank you all for reminders and encouragements and love. Perhaps the installation of a flushing toilet helped tug me out it a little--yeah! Truly, it was simply time and prayer. The weekend passed and my sight has cleared. I feel surges of love for my children, and renewed resolve to finish this race, so to speak. I have finally embraced my paint colours. This comes as such a relief, as I spent a few agonizing days cursing my prego brain for the choices I made. This too, however, has run it's course. I have since accepted that I probably would have found fault with anything during those dark days. Now my I-can-work-with-it attitude has taken possession of me once more. And, yes, I will post pictures soon of the walls, so you too, can make judgments on my judgment. Be gentle.

The guys have been tiling and attaching light fixtures. The bathrooms should be usable soon. I hope the kitchen is firmly on their radar. I'm done with nagging. My greatest challenge at the moment is my heightened sense of smell. The loft, into which we have long ago been scheduled to move into, repulses me. It is as cozy as can me, yes, but it smells! The paint fumes have a stronghold and don't seem to be moving on. I can't even go near the doorway. My prayers are now focused upon my senses. May they settle into normalcy soon, or I will remain the drag factor to this whole operation. The one that's slowing us all up. And there isn't much time left for me to lag behind. I have a little girl heading to school in just over a week. . .