Monday, November 20, 2006

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Please believe me when I say that you do not want to see any more pictures of the house, for the time being. Those of you who have been following along have seen all there is to see for now. Electrical wiring, additional trusses, insulation . . . these things don't make good pictures. Suffice it to say, I am as eager to see change as you. And change there will be. Eventually.
I have been awaiting the birth of the tudor facade. But that is going to have to wait until spring. The boys decided to leave the exterior until their fingers can work in warm weather again, and until the tudor panels can be installed in their expanded state.
Likely, posts over the winter will be on a micro-scale: concerning all things small, and seemingly insignificant. Like front doors, for example. I am very excited to introduce you to my garage sale beauty of a front door. Or dining room tables. We are stripping, and refinishing Aidan's late Oma's heavy wooden table. It might be the oldest thing we own.
I hope the slower pace doesn't stop you all from checking in every once and awhile. Piece by piece, a house will become a home. Patience.