Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sleep

I can't sleep. This has never been a problem for me. Not really. I have had bouts of accute panic, or excitement, over something that have kept me from falling asleep. But this is different. I get to sleep well. But I dream wild dream after wild dream. I wake up at 1:00 every night. Only partially. (You know when you have flashes of being in your bed, but aren't awake enough to control your body?) Then I toss and turn for an hour until fully waking up. I then spend an hour thinking about all the wierd dreams I've just had, and eventually I fall asleep again and dream some more.

In this cycle, there is no time for deep sleep. The nourishing, sustaining type. So, I've been a bit of a wreck. Too emotional. Too introspective. Unnaturally sad. And I can't figure out what has landed me in this state? For all the women who have been reading. . . I'M NOT PREGNANT. That would be an easy diagnosis. We are, however, building a house. And I have just gotten a new job. But during the day, I have no sense of anxiety over either of these things. Do they hover back in my subconscious only to creep into the forefront of my mind as I sleep. If that is the case, what power do I have to change anything? (Other than to heavily sedate myself).

My mantra:

He gives His loved ones sleep. He gives His loved ones sleep. He gives His loved ones sleep.
Psalms 127

If He says so, then it must be true.